EP 030 | Why be the Boss
About this Episode
Too many go into business with an idealized or romantic view of what it’s going to be like to “be the boss”. If you’ve been talking about the benefits of owning your own business but not living the benefits, this episode is for you.
In this episode we learn:
– the common lies we tell ourselves about owning a business
– how to take control of your life as the boss
– being the boss is a choice
– the difference between a job and a business
Kimberley’s suggestions for being the BOSS:
1. Weigh the payoff of every task.
2. Learn to delegate.
3. Rein in after-hours contact.
4. Make time off non-negotiable.
5. Leave some work on the table.
6. Create boundaries
7. Harness the power of suppliers
8. Create systems to run the business.
BOD & You
As interior design professionals, we LOVE our work because it matters so much. We want our clients to get our best every time, because it’s going to affect the way they live for years to come. But doing our best work isn’t possible if we can’t dedicate ourselves to it. And we can’t dedicate ourselves to it if doesn’t earn us a living.
Business of Design is the best professional advice and business coaching available, and it’s just for you. Our mission is to liberate your talent and skill by showing you how to run a business that supports you, empowers you, and lets you love your work again.Join Today