EP 049 | BETTER AT LINKEDIN
About this Episode
Are you taking advantage of everything LinkedIn has to offer? Susan Kates shares her tips for strengthening your LI profile.
In this episode we learn:
– how consistency across all platforms will improve your brand
– differentiating between all the social media platforms, what to use when
– it’s worthwhile to research the key words that describe what you do and who you are, create a slogan
– client surveys can help you narrow your focus
– set an intention around how you want your LI profile will work for you
Strength’s assessment tool: Strengths Finder
Survey Tool: Survey Monkey
Meet Susan Kates
Susan Kates loves telling stories – inspiring small business owners and thinking outside the box. In addition to being a marketing consultant to small business, Susan is also a Professor at Centennial College and Humber College teaching students the same Linkedin tricks she teaches business owners.
Susan’s career spans over 30 years with a strong emphasis on marketing in a variety of industry sectors from computers to retail. Susan was also the founder of Dinnerworks, a leading offline social networking company, which galvanized the importance of relationship marketing in the areas of business development, life, and career. She has been featured in The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, Canada AM, CTV News, CBC TV, Rogers TV, BNN and other leading cable network shows. Susan reinvented herself by returning to school and obtaining an MBA, graduating in 2011. Susan wants to continue to inspire, motivate and educate businesses and students on the virtues and benefits of using the LinkedIn platform, the most powerful business networking tool available today.
Connect with Susan on LinkedIN