EP 059 | Los Angeles BOD Meet Up
About this Episode
Take a road trip to Los Angeles with Business of Design. On this podcast you’ll listen in to the question and answer portion of our BOD LA Meet up.
In this episode we learn:
– how to say no to a project after you’ve completed the consultation
– clarify, verify, triple check—when you’re not the project manager
– work repeatedly with same suppliers to develop strong relationships
– effective hiring relies on systems
– a contract tells your clients how work will progress and provides a disincentive to litigation (in the unlikely event something goes wrong)
If you’d like Team BOD to come to you, let us know. You’ll need a group of design professionals and a venue to host and we can do the rest.
Business of Design member Tawni Peterson has a great tip: When you smell pet odors at a client’s home, it’s a sensitive subject. Use a black light to illuminate the areas that are most fouled.
BOD & You
As interior design professionals, we LOVE our work because it matters so much. We want our clients to get our best every time, because it’s going to affect the way they live for years to come. But doing our best work isn’t possible if we can’t dedicate ourselves to it. And we can’t dedicate ourselves to it if doesn’t earn us a living.
Business of Design is the best professional advice and business coaching available, and it’s just for you. Our mission is to liberate your talent and skill by showing you how to run a business that supports you, empowers you, and lets you love your work again.Join Today