EP 086 | Speaking Gigs With Juliette Palarea – Part 2
About this Episode
Stepping in front of an audience to talk about design can be thrilling and terrifying. It can also be a total waste of time if you don’t prepare yourself for the task at hand.
In this episode we learn:
- before you agree to speak at an industry event or to a group of potential clients, get clear on why you are doing it—set an intention around what you want to accomplish
- telling stories and sharing anecdotes will create a connection between you and the audience
- stepping out on a limb (high stakes) is a great position from which to try something new
- clients don’t need to change, we need to change
- there is nothing special about people who have “made it”—systems will change your life
If you are not yet a member of Business of Design™, what are you waiting for? The systems and strategies you need to succeed are already created and ready for you to use. Join today.
Meet Juliette Palarea
Juliette Palarea, principal and designer at JPStyles, believes everyone deserves access to the type of design that evokes feelings of comfort and sophistication. Having completed numerous projects in the categories of renovation, remodel and new construction, Juliette and her team pride themselves on understanding client’s wishes and making them a reality.
Juliette’s interest in design began early in her career with California Fabric Protection: a business she co-founded in West Hollywood, California. Her love of architecture and design was nurtured by top area designers and clients in Beverly Hills, Pasadena as well as communities surrounding the West Los Angeles area. These designers realized Juliette’s strengths were spacial planning and the details necessary for successful interior design.
Juliette’s projects have been featured in Baltimore Magazine and Chesapeake Home, as well as recognition from the Home Builders Association of Maryland Award with an award of Excellence for kitchen remodel $300k to $400k. With millions of dollars in design projects managed, her success is not solely created through her execution, but also in the trust her clients place in her. Juliette frequently hears, “I trust you. Do it the way you think it should be done”, from her clients. Trust and satisfaction is the ultimate endorsement.
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .