EP 114 | Mindfulness for the Interior Design Professional with Kimberley Seldon
About this Episode
In this episode, Kimberley explores her personal search for mindfulness. Is this a tool that can be used to keep you focused on tasks, and therefore more productive? Yes. Is it also a tool you can use to create a better experience for your clients? Absolutely.
In this episode we learn:
- to consider the stress that extra “stuff” can place on your consciousness
- it may be time for a digital detox
- how meditation can center and calm you
- it’s ok to talk to clients about clutter
- how to diplomatically help clients let go of items with sentimental
Danielle Friedman, “Do You Need a Digital Detox?”
Jancee Dunn, “Can a Clear Home Bring a Calm Mind?”
Unplug Meditation Studio, Santa Monica
- Consider starting each day with, “I will feel awesome if I accomplish the following three things…”
- Look inside client doors and drawers and offer decluttering services.
- Consider meditation as a way to feel more mindful all day.
BOD & You
As interior design professionals, we LOVE our work because it matters so much. We want our clients to get our best every time, because it’s going to affect the way they live for years to come. But doing our best work isn’t possible if we can’t dedicate ourselves to it. And we can’t dedicate ourselves to it if doesn’t earn us a living.
Business of Design™ is the best professional advice and business coaching available, and it’s just for you. Our mission is to liberate your talent and skill by showing you how to run a business that supports you, empowers you, and lets you love your work again.BECOME A MEMBER
COURSE: Healthy Boundaries
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .