EP 116 | Slow Down and Enjoy the Ride with Eric Gorges
About this Episode
The only way to hear the still small voice is to slow down. Of course, that’s easier said then done, like most worthy goals. In this episode we talk to a master craftsman about the process, the journey and the joy.
In this episode we learn:
- a slower approach to the creative process can yield surprising results and allow you to see and know more
- consider and appreciate your origin story
- maybe it’s time to use all the colors in the crayon box again
- sometimes it’s good to just make a decision, regardless of whether it’s right or wrong
- supporting and appreciating local artisans and craftspeople is good for all of us
- perfection is an illusion; let that s^#t go
- tell clients the story of special objects—how they are made and info about the artist
Don’t let anyone else hold your star. Make things happen for YOU.
About Eric Gorges
Eric Gorges has been the host of Public Television’s A Craftsman’s Legacy since it began in 2014. Before that he worked in the corporate world until a health crisis caused him to reevaluate his life. He sought out one of the best metal shapers in the country and signed on as his apprentice. In 1999, he struck out on his own, opening the custom motorcycle shop, Voodoo Choppers, in Detroit, MI, where he lives today.
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .