EP 123 | Building in Wellness with Allan Lopes – Part 1
About this Episode
We all know design matters and in this two-part series with healthy building expert, Allan Lopes we’ll discuss key issues that differentiate your services from the competition, while simultaneously promoting health and well-being within your client projects.
In this episode we learn:
- science suggests, a design that speaks to an individual rather than the masses and feels “personal”, is beneficial in a variety of psychological ways
- bringing the concept of wellness into design projects will create a career that is purposeful
- in rooms you use frequently, artificial lighting that mimics nature’s circadian rhythms promotes well-being
- any time you take nature out of the equation, there is going to be an imbalance
- speak to your electrician about the CRI (color rendering index) of the light bulbs you specify
- products with formaldehyde off-gas for years following installation
Become irreplaceable. Think of ways to your client, or your market, can’t live without you. Even in crowded markets, if you not only pay attention to your clients’ likes and dislikes, but consider the deeper needs behind those desires and address them. Clients will be forever loyal to you and competition will not matter anymore.
About Allan Lopes
With over 15 years experience in developing holistic building design, Allan Lopes Pires is a Building Biologist specializing in Sick Building Syndrome and Diseases Caused by Building. He is pioneering a new direction in interior design with health at the forefront of building aesthetic. With over a decade of experience consulting for both residential and commercial buildings, Allan has been featured as a guest speaker for universities around the world as a master in “The Art of Well-being” and now focuses his efforts on expanding the mission of Healthy Building Certificate in the U.S.
Join a local BOD Chapter meeting.
Celebrate BOD’s birthday in DC, Nashville or High Point.
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .