EP 127 | A Partnership for your Design Business with Toledo Geller – Part 1
About this Episode
If you’re a solopreneur, chances are you’ve fantasized about finding a partner who would take on all the challenges of running a business. For these lucky pairs, the fantasy became a reality. In part one of this two part series we talk to Jessica Geller and Virginia Toledo about how they make it work and how you might find a partner of your own.
In this episode we learn:
- consider placing an ad to enlist help in your design firm, if it’s a great fit, then you can talk partnership
- when the economy slows, it’s important to reassess who your clients are and appeal directly to them
- you don’t necessarily want to choose a friend or family member as a partner
- vet carefully anyone you want to introduce into your business; hire them on a project basis first
- assign specific tasks to each partner, look for complementary skills
- if there is an issue with your partner, deal with it directly
- consider a non-designer as a partner, perhaps a contractor, builder, architect or landscaper
About Virginia Toledo & Jessica Geller
Toledo Geller is a boutique firm that excels at delivering turn-key, custom residences for singles, couples and families who value exceptional design.
Virginia and Jessica’s approach begins with a deep dive into how each client dreams of living. Getting to know their clients intimately, thoroughly understanding their wish lists and worries, allows Toledo Geller to create a unique, luxury living space that truly reflects who they are—and what they love.
With their mastery of both the design and construction process, Toledo Geller partners with architects and builders from the blueprint stage to completion, providing project management and development oversight. The team works tirelessly to ensure the integrity of each project from start to finish—intent on not just meeting, but exceeding, clients’ expectations.
Toledo Geller was founded over a decade ago and they have been declared House Beautiful’s “Next Wave,” and have been finalists in Innovations in Interior Design, “Ones to Watch” and “Rising Stars” by industry magazines and associations.
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .