EP 131 | Cool Girl’s Guide to High Point with Marisa Wilson
About this Episode
12,000,000 square feet of showrooms. Yup. 12 million. 180 buildings, 2,000 showrooms and 75,000 people—that’s what you’ll find when you get to High Point Market. If you’ve never been or you need to conquer the market this time, then listen to veteran market goers Marisa and Kimberley tell you how it’s done.
In this episode we learn:
- set your intentions ahead of time and include education, networking, buying and social time into your schedule
- have a plan or you’ll end up running around in circles
- group desired showrooms by building and schedule visits accordingly
- stay organized and have a system for keeping photos, business cards and product info retrievable
- wear comfy shoes and get social; lots of parties to attend
- be present and include time for self-care
Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo (recommended read)
Marisa’s mom says, “Ain’t nobody gonna die.”
About Marisa Wilson
Marisa Wilson is the author of The Cool Girl’s Guide to High Point Market, which is an insider’s guide to all the best events and showrooms at High Point Market along with advice from industry leaders. Her design firm, Artful Interiors, is a boutique residential design firm in Charlotte, NC that curates exceptionally crafted homes for the modern man.
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .