EP 162 | Expert in Not Giving Up with Nikki Fisher
About this Episode
If you’ve been in business longer than a couple of months, you are already familiar with the proverbial ups and downs—and yes, we are going to hit some bumps ahead for the foreseeable future. Still, when the going gets tough, what’s your default? BOD™ member Nikki Fisher says, she’s an expert in not giving up. That’s an attitude that will come in very handy during the next months.
In this episode we learn:
- show up at industry events and expand your network—put yourself out there (online works too!)
- be curious and learn adjacent skills such as how a cabinet maker draws millwork
- it’s possible to feel isolated in a crowd, the trick to connection is authentic sharing
- get active at Business of Design™
- form a local peer support group
- set up meetings with vendors, suppliers, contractors and trades to create lead generation
It’s ok to say no. Arlene Dickenson says to start saying no. Politely, but firmly and without a lot of explanation or excuses.
About Nikki Fisher-Gigault
Nikki Fisher-Gigault graduated from the Interior Decorating program at Sheridan College a decade ago. Her career began in the heavily detailed and technical work of custom cabinetry and millwork, and eventually discovered she wanted to explore more of what the industry had to offer beyond cabinetry. She quit her job at a measly 25 years old, and started NFG Designs Inc. After nearly calling it quits a few months later, BOD and Kimberley came to the rescue and she restructured her entire business & process. Now at the beginning of a new decade, NFG Designs continues to grow and successfully complete full service projects.
BOD™ Boot Camp Webinar Series | Free to Monthly and Annual Members
Not yet a BOD™ Member | Join Today
Stay up to date with BOD™ Business Alerts
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .