EP 170 | Write Your Book with Anna-Cairin McNamara
About this Episode
Writing a book is something many designers dream of doing but very few sit down to make it happen. Anna-Carin McNamara did write her book, and “Make a home to Love” not only showcases her gorgeous design work, it speaks to her process and philosophy, offering clients a permanent record of her expert aesthetic.
In this episode we learn:
- a book of your design projects is a business card on steroids
- stop thinking your skill set is all intuition, there is a process, write it down
- writing a book can help you define and refine your process
- it takes discipline to write the book, schedule time
Anna loves the Jedi Mindset from Blair Enns of Win Without Pitching:
- I am the expert; I am the prize.
- I am on a mission to help
- But I can only do that if you let me lead.
- I understand that all will not follow, and that’s okay.
About Anna-Cairin McNamara
Anna-Carin McNamara is a Swedish-born interior designer with a Master’s degree in Interior Design from the Royal College of Art in London. She is the founder and director of Anna-Carin Design Studio, a Sydney-based interior design studio that specializes in high-end residential Scandinavian interiors.
She is the author of “Make a Home to Love- how to bring joy order and beauty into your home the Scandinavian way” a book that inspires the reader to make the most of the spaces they have.
Her rug collections for Designer Rugs—Forsa and Norse—follows the tradition of storytelling through rugs and are inspired by her Swedish roots and heritage.
ACDS’s work has been featured in many publications, including Vogue Living, Belle, Habitus living, Home Beautiful and Australian House & Garden.
Anna-Carin is passionate about merging the Scandinavian principles of simplicity, functionality and sustainability with the Australian architecture and lifestyle.
Become a BOD™ Member | Join Today
♥ OUR PODCAST? SUBSCRIBE . . .