EP 034 | The Show House with Sarah Kidder
November 15, 2017
About this Episode
It’s an honor to be chosen as a designer for a prestigious show house or a charity auction house project. Still, before you say yes, weigh the pros and cons of participation.
In this episode we learn:
– some of the challenges of working on team projects
– why setting an intention can get you better results
– why it’s important to evaluate your contribution—financial and otherwise
Sarah recommends stretching yourself by taking on a show house or charity house when the opportunity arises. Even if you are a little nervous and having done it before.
Kimberley recommends that you set an intention before you agree to appear at a home show or tackling a show house.
Take a Virtual Tour of the CHEO Dream Home 2017.
Sarah’s tips for getting ahead:
- When opportunity knocks, say yes. It’s ok to be scared. Do it anyway. You’ll grow into the new area if you take risks.
- When you meet a new client and they ask about fees, state them confidently by looking that person right in the eyes. Don’t waver. Don’t blink. Let them know you are worth it. Even if others go for free or charge less, you don’t! You are telling them your value and your value is not zero.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.