EP 017 | The Whole Home Approach with Carson Arthur
July 17, 2017
About this Episode
Sure, most of us approach our projects thinking about interior spaces. But, it’s worth considering exterior spaces too. It’s a great way to provide your clients with more value, making you a one-stop service provider.
Landscape designer and HGTV personality Carson Arthur shares his advice on how to include landscape design as part of the service you offer.
In this episode we learn:
– there are specific things you can do with landscaping that will immediately improve the resell value of a home
– how to identify different client types based on demographics
– ways to increase living space by looking outdoors
– project management tips from the world of landscaping
Increase the value of your home (or your clients’ home) with these tips:
- Add a mature tree in the front yard and increase your home’s resell value by as much as 3%.
- Aim for low-maintenance planting to attract buyers who don’t want to be strapped to constant gardening.
- Improving curb appeal can result in resale value increases of up to 8%.
Want to be on TV? Carson suggests going straight to web. Produce your own show on YouTube and grow your audience that way.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.