EP 041 | 5 Apps You Need Now with Lindan Courtemanche
January 3, 2018
About this Episode
Everyone needs that person in your life who tells you about the latest app or technology you should try. Kimberley’s go to resource for what’s next and what’s great is Lindan Courtemanche from Heuristic, a boutique branding firm. Lindan shares her fave apps for small business owners like you.
In this episode we learn:
– 5 fave apps for small business success
– 2 guilty pleasures for art enthusiasts
– best advice for your own contract
– never confuse what you like with what’s required to fulfill on the strategy
- Lindan describes Trello as post it notes on steroid. A riff on the Japanese organization model, Kanban boards.
- If you are working with remote teams, these apps will change your life. Dropbox & Box
- Kimberley is now hooked on Scannabal. It’s really useful for copying notes on job sites; leaving a hard copy with trades or client but having a backup copy ready to go.
- Receipt Bank is an amazing tool for cutting down time when it comes to logging receipts!
- An addictive site that allows you to bid on works of art and sell works of art. Paddle 8. Or, if you are keen to find new and upcoming talent, try Saatchi Art.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.