EP 106 | 5 Fast-Track Tactics to use in your Interior Design Business with Sara Malek Barney
April 1, 2019
About this Episode
Starting from ground zero with no clients and no formal training, we learn how one entrepreneur launched her design business using tactics she picked up in the entertainment field she worked in previously and applying her Business of Design™ membership.
In this episode we learn:
- a flexible business plan is a guide to growth and a catalyst to identifying what makes you stand out in the market
- contrary to popular thought, not all designers see themselves as creative
- a niche focus on young families is a long-term strategy for success
- outsourcing can support fast growth
- get comfortable with networking
- consider a co-working space to surround yourself with other business owners
- Prepare a business plan as a guide to growth
- Outsource tasks you’re not good at
- Go to markets (like High Point and Las Vegas) to make new connections
- Determine the income you need to make in order to maintain your lifestyle and then figure out what that would take
- Schedule time to learn something new each quarter.
Client Expander SEO company that Sara recommends.
Create a website that features great photography. Focus on one social network only and get good at using it strategically.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.