EP 222 | Resimercial Design with Colleen Baader
May 18, 2021
In order to hire the most talented, capable staff, business owners rely on a variety of recruitment enticements—salary, bonus structures, flex hours, and even a dynamic work environment. Resimercial design, a home-like atmosphere for the office, is quickly becoming the defining trend of today’s office projects.
In this episode we learn:
- with commercial projects, intake comes from all stakeholders
- creating a home-like environment is one way to attract the staff you want
- in order to come to a compromise when stakeholders have disparate ideas, look for common denominators
- open offices are often a mix of focus and collaboration stations
- acoustics are an important factor in open office design
- the addition of lvp / lvt (luxury vinyl plank flooring and luxury vinyl tile) and ceiling tiles adds to acoustic comfort
- expect a mix of home and work schedules
- virtual conferencing is here to stay
Best piece of design advice ever, “Hire the best team, and let them shine.”
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.