EP 289 | Make Your Margins with Daniel House Club
September 6, 2022
Yes, it is possible to consistently protect your margins. Getting clear about which vendors and suppliers help you do that is critical for every design professional who intends to sustain the business and be profitable.
In this episode we learn:
- stop chasing tiny discounts—your time is valuable so pause to consider the profit first
- be transparent with clients about pricing
- never ship “curb side”, deliver to a receiver and install properly
- like a good travel guide, the design professional keeps clients informed about what’s happening next and when
Get the tasks that leave you drained off your plate (likely organizing your procurement). Studies show that struggling around big decisions for too long is detrimental to your brain.
- Save 50% on Daniel House Club PRO & PRO+ memberships when you use code BODPRO until the end of September 2022. Designer’s will also receive 30 days of free shipping when they make their first project in their “Dashboard.”
- Shop our new upholstery line starting this fall. Everything ships in 8 weeks.
- Come see Kimberley / us on 9/14, where we’ll be hosted by Lepere / Interior Design Mag at the NY Design Center as part of What’s New, What’s Next. We’re discussing the myriad resources available to help new designers grow
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.