EP 343 | The Office Manager with Hilaire Martin
September 26, 2023
So many design professionals dream of hiring an office manager to, well, manage the office day-to-day. What’s that like? What are the benefits and challenges of adding this person to your team? What should you pay for the service? Should this person be a designer? In this episode, non-designer Hilaire Martin, answers all these questions and more.
In this episode we learn:
- what’s the difference between a COO and an Office Manager
- what size firm would benefit from an office manager
- be honest with yourself, it’s OK if your current process isn’t working
- map out your internal process, especially the client facing side of your business
- good motivation vs. bad motivation for hiring an office manager
- start small and identify one area you want to improve
- define what you want to accomplish for that one area
- celebrate the small and big wins
You have a voice and a story to tell. Never underestimate what you offer to the world. You are a true gift.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.