The following describes the terms and conditions for participation in the Business of Design affiliate program. In this agreement, the term “Affiliate” refers to you and BOD refers to Business of Design and www.businessofdesign.com.
BOD reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions within this agreement at any time and will advise you of these changes as they occur.
Affiliates are selected and approved by the BOD team. If you are already signed up and ready to get started, welcome. If you would like to be considered for the BOD Affiliate Program, please contact Cheryl Horne at email@example.com.
Once you have been set up as an Affiliate, you can access your custom urls and available content by visiting www.businessofdesign.com and logging into your existing BOD account. Scroll down and click on the Affiliates link in the footer menu or bookmark the following page: http://businessofdesign.com/affiliate-area. You must be logged in to access this page.
Compensation & Payment
Affiliates will receive 20% of all sales as a commission on orders placed through their custom links. This includes the purchase of monthly membership, annual membership, books, and event tickets (BOD Events only, not 3rd party events promoted by BOD). Commissions are paid on initial membership payments only, not renewals.
In order for a sale to generate a commission for an Affiliate, the user must click through the custom affiliate link. Properly coded links are the sole responsibility of the affiliate.
Incoming traffic from all affiliate links are tracked for 30 days following the initial click through. Purchases made after the 30 day period will not be credited to the referring affiliate.
Commissions will be paid to the Affiliate on a quarterly basis (month end March, June, September, December) with a minimum payout of $100. If minimum payout is not met at the end of a quarter, the balance will carry over to the next pay period. Payments are issued to affiliates via cheque or bank transfer.
BOD will be solely responsible for processing all orders placed by a user via affiliate links. Affiliates are not authorized to collect payments or sell any BOD products or services from other websites. BOD will be responsible for all user service inquires.
Users who purchase products and services through the BOD Affiliate Program will be considered customers of BOD. All rules, policies, and operating procedures concerning customer’s orders and service will apply to those customers.
BOD Agrees To:
– Provide the Affiliate with the tools (affiliate links) and content needed to assist them with the promotion of BOD on a regular basis.
– Grant the Affiliate access to the affiliate area on the BOD website. Here, the Affiliate is able to generate custom links to any page on the BOD site as needed.
– Provide the Affiliate with images (sent via email) which can be used at their discretion in blog posts and on social media.
– Provide banner and box ads for BOD which can be added to the Affiliate’s website if chosen. It is the Affiliate’s responsibility to have the ads properly set up on their website. Ads are available through the Affiliate Area.
– Keep the Affiliate up to date on new or upcoming initiatives at BOD such as new courses, events or webinars. This information will be provided via periodic emails.
– Support Affiliate promotion efforts on social media where BOD is tagged/mentioned by reposting and liking/favoring at the discretion of BOD.
BOD reserves the right to request changes/revisions be made to published content posted by the Affiliate if required.
Affiliate Agrees To:
– Promote BOD (events, membership, products, etc.) on an ongoing basis via website/blog posts and social media.
It is at the Affiliate’s discretion to promote BOD to the extent of their choosing. It is the intention of this program for the compensation the Affiliate receives to reflect the degree of promotion they offer BOD.
BOD encourages our Affiliates to reach out to us if they require help or guidance to better succeed in this program. BOD is open to promotional opportunities the Affiliate is able to present.
By agreeing to participate in the BOD Affiliate Program, the Affiliate acknowledge that they have read and accept the above terms and conditions.