EP 025 | Is It Time To Rebrand with Jackie Glass
September 12, 2017
About this Episode
Every 5-10 years it’s important to reevaluate your brand and see if it’s still relevant. Kimberley shares her personal experience with rebranding and talks to interior designer Jackie Glass about a major rebrand she recently underwent.
In this episode we learn:
– to be diligent about projecting your image—edit what you put online
– raising your fees can force you to be better at what you do
– to make better rules for yourself as the business owner
– always work on grooming new trades
– to treat existing trades with respect
- When you photograph a room, make sure to also hire a professional stylist to assist and prop the spaces.
- Edit the photos that appear on your website. Quality over quantity.
- If you can’t yet afford a stylist, then practice taking good photos and videos. Flat lay some objects on a table and photograph those. This is also an easy way to show clients you are busy and working all the time.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.