EP 066 | Confidence And How To Get It with Kara Loewentheil – Part 1
June 25, 2018
A lack of confidence can undermine any effort to be truly successful. Although most of us recognize we aren’t as confident as we’d like to be, we remain blissfully unaware of how we camouflage this lack of confidence, thus ensuring it continues to thrive. This episode is for the warrior designer in you!
In this episode we learn:
– the key to creating the career you want is confidence
– we are all taught that confidence is created by external accomplishments, but that is wrong—confidence is created by your thoughts
– when you are responsible for creating business for yourself, you HAVE to have your mindset right
– the best tool to use for confidence is to practice neutral to positive thoughts; use thoughts you can believe NOW, not positive thoughts you don’t believe at all
– the best tool to use for sales/consult conversations is to create value and communicate that value—emphasize your RESULTS
– build your confidence by changing your thoughts
You can start here, with her Confidence Cheat Sheet – one little click can truly change your whole experience of life.
UnF*ck Your Brain: www.unfckyourbrain.com/program
The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.