EP 097 | If it isn’t Working, Change it up with BOD Members Elizabeth Scruggs, Christie Leu, and Yaron Linett
January 28, 2019
About this Episode
Sometimes the most difficult habits to break become a super power when you turn them around. If you’ve ever had to bust through a habit that wasn’t serving your business well, you’ll relate to our three podcast guests. Thank you to Business of Design™ members Elizabeth Scruggs, Christie Leu and Yaron Linett. The candid sharing and perseverance these people share is inspiring.
In this episode we learn:
- install a scheduling app on your website for those seeking a consultation or those hoping to pick your brain
- being a female contractor is an advantage for many clients; it might be worth looking into licensing
- start with a bookkeeper if you want to grow your business quickly
- consider advertising on Craig’s List when you are looking to hire
- systems and procedures are the surest way to relieve yourself of micro managing
- when growing your social media following specifically to gain more clients, make sure you constantly aware of who you are posting for
Acuity Scheduling allows clients to schedule appointments directly through your website.
Design Manager accounting software for design professionals.
Consider a “pick your brain” rate for those who only want to ask a few questions.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.