EP 096 | Before Business of Design™ 15 Step Project Management Strategy™ with Lesley Myrick
January 21, 2019
About this Episode
What was it like to work for Kimberley Seldon before she had her systems and procedures in place? In this courageous episode, Kimberley interviews a designer from her past. Someone who used to work for her and is now a member of Business of Design™.
In this episode we learn:
- track your time in 15-minute increments every day, and bill for every minute
- develop strong and loyal relationships with your vendors and they’ll come through for you
- employees prefer money over gifts (gifts don’t pay the bills)
- ensure your contract clearly explains how you price goods and services so there are no surprises
- commit to firm dates with clients and stick to them to demonstrate integrity and build trust
If you are new to business or need to relocate here are some tips from Lesley Myrick on how to hit the ground running:
- Nothing beats meeting face to face.
- Get connected to local media.
- Word of mouth referrals are best. However, meet prospective trades in person before you hire them.
Hire a business coach (Business of Design™!) to fast track your career.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.