EP 098 | Sales for your Non-Selly Self with Shawna Beckmann
February 4, 2019
About this Episode
To sustain the work we do as creatives, we must learn to sell ourselves and our services. That isn’t always easy for us “non-selly” types. Fortunately, there are some simple sales strategies that we can use immediately.
In this episode we learn:
- actionable sales strategies to close the deal
- when we help customers visualize the outcome, it’s easier for them to buy
- clients are not buying furniture and fixtures, they are buying the outcome you provide
- to remind a potential client why they phoned you, ask them what about your work resonated with them
- creating a win-win situation involves assertiveness
- it’s not possible to sustain yourself if you are not earning a living
- it’s possible to work really hard and make little or no money
- if you are too busy it’s a great time to raise your rate
- identify your own money baggage
5 Actionable Simple Sales Strategies
- sell the outcome, not the process
- transformation sells, so use the outcome as a form of visual persuasion
- get invited into the sales talk
- consider people’s past purchases as an indicator for fit
- sales only feels weird when you’re selling the wrong thing to the wrong people
You cannot become who you are not becoming. If you are not taking steps to be that person you are keen to become, you will not get there. Step up and into the role you want.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.