EP 099 | Jamie Ivey’s Transition to Flat Fees
February 11, 2019
About this Episode
It seems like everyone is switching from hourly fees to flat fees. Is it as easy as it sounds? Listen to Business of Design™ member Jamie Ivey, who recently made the switch.
In this episode we learn:
- perils of working with a flat fee vs. an hourly fee
- too many projects may mean you are charging too little money
- there are some advantages to working in commercial vs. residential when it comes to flat fees
- condo lobbies can be a perfect place to test out your flat fee skills
- only doing consultations is a great career choice for people who want to avoid a project management role
Start with Volume 3: Win the Flat Fee Game.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.