EP 119 | Networking for Interior Design Pros with Tania Bell
July 2, 2019
About this Episode
In the design industry it’s paramount to have a quality team of suppliers, trades, manufacturers and makers behind you, to make you look good. In addition, developing strong relationships and maintaining them with current and past clients is essential to grow long-term success and keep your pipeline filled. Melbourne designer, Tania Bell says effective networking is how to succeed.
In this episode we learn:
- you can learn to network effectively
- it’s ok to lead with an authentic conversation opener—one that shows you are feeling vulnerable
- be prepared with an exit strategy if the conversation isn’t what you are looking for
- questions allow the other person to open up and get comfortable with you
- create a system or procedure for how you look after referral partners
- schedule regular phone calls, emails, texts, coffee catch ups or even lunch, so that you can keep a new contact in the loop
- don’t feel compelled to answer design questions at a party or networking events
- to meet new potential clients rely on the good word of family and friends
When networking be prepared to listen and always be yourself.
Thank you to our amazing sponsor!
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.