EP 123 | Building in Wellness with Allan Lopes – Part 1
July 29, 2019
About this Episode
We all know design matters and in this two-part series with healthy building expert, Allan Lopes we’ll discuss key issues that differentiate your services from the competition, while simultaneously promoting health and well-being within your client projects.
In this episode we learn:
- science suggests, a design that speaks to an individual rather than the masses and feels “personal”, is beneficial in a variety of psychological ways
- bringing the concept of wellness into design projects will create a career that is purposeful
- in rooms you use frequently, artificial lighting that mimics nature’s circadian rhythms promotes well-being
- any time you take nature out of the equation, there is going to be an imbalance
- speak to your electrician about the CRI (color rendering index) of the light bulbs you specify
- products with formaldehyde off-gas for years following installation
Become irreplaceable. Think of ways to your client, or your market, can’t live without you. Even in crowded markets, if you not only pay attention to your clients’ likes and dislikes, but consider the deeper needs behind those desires and address them. Clients will be forever loyal to you and competition will not matter anymore.
Thank you to our amazing sponsor!
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.