EP 122 | Earning and Keeping a Client’s Trust with Alex Gourlay
July 22, 2019
About this Episode
Trust is the elusive ingredient that creates a strong bond between the design professional and his/her client. Clearly defined boundaries and impeccable integrity allow trust to grow as a project moves forward.
In this episode we learn:
- trust is earned in incremental steps, through integrity and clearly defined boundaries
- systems create definable benchmarks by which everyone on a project can measure trustworthiness
- building trust with your clients begins with your website
- honoring all timelines—written and verbal is essential to building trust
- make it easy for your clients to reach you
- ask potential clients why they are renovating/decorating now to uncover the emotional reasons behind the project
Create a vision for your business and update it often.
Consider video testimonials from clients to add depth and substance to your website.
Thank you to our amazing sponsor!
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.