EP 160 | Talking to Clients Now with Maricke Emanoilidis
March 30, 2020
About this Episode
In this episode, we consider immediate dilemmas facing interior design professionals right now. Rather than guess at how clients are feeling, Kimberley goes straight to the source and asks one of her clients to share her insights with our community.
In this episode we learn:
- how to advise clients who are ready to move forward with a project
- how to prepare clients for what might happen a few months down the road
- how to diplomatically ask for payment on overdue accounts (not if you are using BOD™ 15 STEP Project Management Strategy)
- don’t make assumptions about what clients want or are willing to do now
- use levity to soften an awkward conversation
- share your own vulnerability and awkwardness
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.