They’ve made positive changes to their biz!
November 11, 2014
Hello BOD family! Here are few changes I have made:
- I have implemented the 15 step process and formalized a contract
- Yep! I did it, I have taken my home office and moved it to Ottawa, within an engineer’s firm. This gives me access and or contact with other trades, and potential new work coming from that new business relationship.
- I have redone my web page ( the new version should be active by next week)
- I also raised my fees!!!
Things are moving in the right direction that is for sure, thanks to all of your support and inspiration to basically give me the bit of confidence to just do it.
Studio 853 design
~ ~ ~
Honestly the best thing I’ve done this particular year for my business was to attend the Conference last year. I have gained 3 new clients from it and the full cost of the trip will have been paid back from the work I’ve been contracted for since. Secondly, I’m always continuing to connect with the ID community here with continuing education and networking through Fluff – where I recently handed out my own business card to help connect some Fluffians with the 1-2-3 Course. That connection helps me stay inspired and feel like I’m participating in my professional community.
I don’t expect to win this thing (unless it’s a random draw then perhaps!) because I was recognized at the 2014 Conference for the #WWKSDGD and given a thank you gift, but I wanted to share this success story anyway!
Thanks for all you do!
Owner and Principal Designer
~ ~ ~
I have made changes to my business this year in 3 ways:
- Scheduled time off in advance and stuck to it!
- Began working with a business coach, and implemented strategies to understand my income and expenses more thoroughly.
- Hired another staff member to release me from my least favourite daily and weekly tasks.
Soooo excited for BOD15!
Principal: elle design
Founder: Seventy Seventy Design Headquarters
~ ~ ~
With the help of my business coach I have started saying “NO” to any potential client or project that doesn’t fit my service offerings or ideal client profile or specific service offerings. It has made a world of difference! I currently love 90% of my clients and projects and most of my frustrations have completely disappeared. I am working less and making more money. A winning combination!
Principal Interior Decorator
Simply Home Decorating