EP 131 | Cool Girl’s Guide to High Point with Marisa Wilson
September 23, 2019
12,000,000 square feet of showrooms. Yup. 12 million. 180 buildings, 2,000 showrooms and 75,000 people—that’s what you’ll find when you get to High Point Market. If you’ve never been or you need to conquer the market this time, then listen to veteran market goers Marisa and Kimberley tell you how it’s done.
In this episode we learn:
- set your intentions ahead of time and include education, networking, buying and social time into your schedule
- have a plan or you’ll end up running around in circles
- group desired showrooms by building and schedule visits accordingly
- stay organized and have a system for keeping photos, business cards and product info retrievable
- wear comfy shoes and get social; lots of parties to attend
- be present and include time for self-care
Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo (recommended read)
Marisa’s mom says, “Ain’t nobody gonna die.”
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.