EP 208 | Culture of Growth with Andrew Kotchen, hosted by Darci Hether
February 9, 2021
Set yourself up for success and growth by running your company like a big organization, even if you’re a one-man show. Guest host and BOD™ Member, Darci Hether of New York City, interviews her past employer, Andrew Kotchen of Workshop/APD.
In this episode we learn:
- Good work gets you good work.
- How creating systems and procedures to run an office set you up for success.
- Creating business longevity, planning for the future of your firm
- How internal operations have changed since COVID—from a logistic standpoint and interpersonal standpoint
- Recognizing opportunities for growth and strategic pivots
- lessons from past recessions and how to make changes to avoid financial vulnerability in the future
- How to create a culture of growth
- When you surround yourself with great talent, you do great work.
Take every opportunity in front of you. You never know where it is going to lead.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.