EP 274 | High Converting Portfolios with Katie O’Brien
May 24, 2022
Essentials of a High-Converting Interior Design Portfolio
Learn the essentials that will help you turn your design portfolio (the second most visited page on your website) to a thriving marketing tool. Katie O’Brien shares tools to create a high-converting design portfolio that transforms browsers into clients.
In this episode we learn:
- analyze current website traction to determine where browsers click through and where you lose them
- website copy is commonly overlooked on interior designers’ portfolio pages—a few lines of copy go a long way
- give individual projects their own pages and use these subpages to tell the story of your client and the project
- hire a professional photographer and create a consistent look throughout your website
- only showcase projects you want more of
- use clear calls to action on every page
Put your blinders on. It’s so easy to get distracted by what others in the industry are doing. Stay in your own lane, focus on your clients and how you can best serve them, and you’ll get far ahead.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.