EP 031 | Bruce Sellery On Why Smart Entrepreneurs Do Dumb Things With Money – Part 1
October 25, 2017
About this Episode
Why do smart entrepreneurs do dumb things with money? And more importantly, what can we do right now to make a positive and lasting change in our financial health and maturity? Money expert, Bruce Sellery has actionable advice.
In this episode we learn:
– the questions to ask yourself when you’re ready to get serious about your financial health
– how to make immediate changes to your financial strategies
– how to use a community to support your new habits
– why being financially savvy matters
1. Analyze—Review spending for two months. Note that you spend x$ on groceries x$ on your car, x$ on dining out, etc. Then look at the analytics.
2. Brainstorm—What are one or two things you can do differently? Don’t try to change everything at once. Identify a couple of areas that you can make a change.
3. Change—Implement the changes in those one or two areas.
Rinse and repeat!
Also, automate savings into a retirement plan.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.