EP 278 | 1 P&L, 3 Ways with Danielle Hayden
June 21, 2022
It’s time to earn a healthy living and set aside money for your own personal wealth. That should be the goal for any business owner—yup, even you. It’s time to put aside the stories we tell ourselves to justify our decisions around money. In this episode we talk to Danielle Hayden, CEO of Kickstart Accounting, to learn how and when to start investing for your future.
In this episode we learn:
- revenue is a vanity metric
- there are key metrics to look at when reviewing your P&L
- how often you should be looking at the numbers
- you need to look backwards to plan ahead
- understand the season of your business—is it a slow time, or you spent a lot of money in marketing recently
- you can’t just wait for the right time; start investing from day one
- you don’t have to go big to get started, small things matter
- nobody wins from you playing small
- you don’t need to wear all the hats
Ask for help. Whatever is draining your energy today, it’s time to get help. Build a team, then get out of your team’s way so they can be great. You’ll get energy back that you can put back into your business.
BOD™ Program | Money Mindset, Expertise, Value
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.