EP 333 | A Team with Michelle Burbidge
July 18, 2023
Regardless of project size, every design professional must rely on quality trades to bring the project vision to life. As the project lead, you need to bring out the best in every team member, hold them to exacting standards and motivate them to go the extra mile. Not an easy task. However, when you have your A Team, you will work in harmony towards a single goal and a happy client.
In this episode we learn:
- the power and advantages of using the BOD™ 15 for large projects
- when you have buying power, your suppliers will work for you
- always treat every trade on your project like a trusted advisor
- sometimes being a good team player means more listening than speaking
- ask for an expert opinion, that creates mutual respect.
- to build a relationship, get to know your trades outside their role on the job
- give credit to the tradesperson when they’ve come up with a great solution
Instagram is not a reliable indicator of success. Stay true to who you are and where you want to go, even if that doesn’t fit into the current Instagram algorithm.
Legal Disclosure | This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be used for any legal decisions. Kimberley Seldon Design Group, Kimberley Seldon Productions Inc., Kimberley Seldon Design and Media, Inc., Business of Design™, or any of its affiliated companies or staff is not responsible for any errors or omissions effecting accuracy in any content, and they will not be held liable for the use or misuse of information, facts, details or any other aspects should there arise any defects, errors, omissions or perhaps inaccuracies. Extensive research has been conducted to put this podcast together for the purpose of educating our industry in order to better serve the public. Care has been taken to acknowledge ownership of copyrighted material. The advice and strategies contained herein may not be suitable for every situation. This work is offered with the understanding that we do not render any legal, accounting or other professional advice. Seek the advice of a lawyer and/or other competent professional person in all matters of law. Further, listeners should be aware that internet websites mentioned may change or disappear between when this was recorded and when it was listened to.